CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

hw7

I think this past two weeks has been a very good learning experience. We really got to review on stuff I had forgot about math wise, and I also learned a lot about how to build and how to be a carpenter. It did start off really boring and informative, but once we started cutting the experience just kept getting better. I really think cutting with the mitre saws was really fun, because it was a rush and cut the wood really fast. I have to say painting was by far the worst part of this intersession, it just took so long and the sun was just burning me to pieces. But, after seeing the final product and how everything turned out it was really worth the sweat and hard work. I wasn't a part of the corn hole group, but I am very proud on how they turned out also. They really look professional and non-kiddish. I did help out with sewing the corn bags together and that was also a very great learning experience. I think working with Ms. Smith [Michael's great aunt] was part of why it was so great. She was really nice and helpful and knew her stuff about sewing really well. I think i made about four corn bags and I am very happy about that even though it sounds like it isn't that much at all, but hey it isn't an easy thing. I made a couple mistakes which made me have to do stuff over, which did slow things down which is the reason I only made four of them. Overall this intersession was definitely worth being in and I am very proud I was able to be a part of it.

0 comments: